Original publish date: December 17th, 2012
This tutorial will show you how you can listen to custom music in The Sims 2. It’s actually very easy to do!
- Find a music you want. The music must be in .mp3 file format. If not, you need a program to convert your music to .mp3 format.
- Copy the music track you want to the following directories, depending on your operating system:
- Windows XreadersP or earlier: C:Documents and SettingsxxxMy DocumentsEAGamesThe Sims 2Musicsyyy (xxx is your user account, and yyy is the station you want (build, buy, CAS, neighborhood, etc)).
- Windows Vista or later: C:UsersxxxDocumentsEAGamesThe Sims 2Musicsyyy (xxx is your user account, and yyy is the station you want (build, buy, CAS, neighborhood, etc)).
- Start your game.
- Then, try buying a stereo and let your sims turn it on and see if your music plays!
Note: If your music doesn’t play right away, click on the stereo and choose ‘Next song’ until you hear your music! Happy Simming!